When a printing store is labeled as ‘union’, they offer the Allied Printing Trades Council label known as the ‘Bug.’
This Union Bug is a stamp of approval when a customer orders from a printing press. It means that the shop meets union standards – fair wages, safe environments and manageable work hours and quality craftsmanship. You may have seen this bug on campaign yard signs, bumper stickers, direct-to-mail political campaigns and movements. But that is not all these shops are capable of.
Here are 5 reasons to use a union print shop for your next campaign or job from TheCampaignWorkshop.com.
1. Capacity: Most union print shops have been around and have seen the changes in the printing industry. They have the equipment and staff to get the work done.
2. Quality: Union printers take great pride in the work they produce, their name is literally on each piece, in the form of their union bug or logo that identifies their union affiliation.
3. Turn around: Union printers are experienced at doing direct political mail and campaigns, and they know the time-sensitive nature of election-related direct mail and digital graphics. Not all printers have experience with politics, but that’s never a concern with union printers.
4. Integrated capability: Union printers have had the longevity and foresight to keep up with the changes in the printing industry over the past twenty years. They’ve embraced new technologies and can seamlessly move from print to mail to digital.
5. Worker treatment and pay: The cornerstone of union shops is that the employees are highly skilled and experienced as well as being paid a fair salary and benefits for their work. With union vendors, we are assured that the work is produced right here in America, by skilled American workers and we believe that’s good for everybody.
Below are three organized print shops in the Central Valley, where you can support your union brothers and sisters who are trusted experts in the world of print and digital marketing.
Peerless Print & Graphics
110 W. Pontiac Way, Suite 102, Clovis CA 93612
Javier & Michelle Rodriguez
Peerless Print & Graphics is a full-service Union print shop affiliated with Allied Trades Council of Northern California. It is family owned and has over 40 years of experience in the printing industry.
Union Label: 311
Expertise: Paper-based Printing & Graphic Design
Products: business cards, letterhead, envelopes, flyers, brochures, programs, banners, decals, note pads, mailers, labels, stickers, business forms, event tickets, door hangers, buttons, booklets, posters, rubber stamps, menus, specialty products, signage, bumper stickers, invitations, pocket folders, yard signs.
1611 E. Street, Fresno CA 93706
Since opening in 2005, Mad Illustrators has become a one-stop, full-service marketing company that also offers youth trainings for the West Fresno community.
Union Label: 607
Expertise: Apparel Printing/Embroidery, Large signs & Website development
Products: T-shirts, polos, hoodies, hats, tote bags, corporate uniforms, wide-format political signs, banners, flags, large stickers, table cloths, event tents, logo design, web development.
The ROOX Agency
127 E. Tulare Ave., Tulare, CA 93274
Euler and Esau Torres
Founded in 2017, ROOX also partners with the Central Valley Training Center to train special needs adults and has a client list that includes: Family HealthCare Network, Tulare County HHSA, Tulare County Supervisors, Univision, Radio Campesina, Adventist Health, LULAC, Dolores Huerta Foundation, UFW Foundation, Javi’s Taco Shack and the California Complete Count Census.
Union Label: 23
Expertise: Marketing, Large Event Production & Latino Outreach
Products: t-shirts, banners, print, direct mail, promotional products, event organizing, branding, graphic design, marketing and strategy consulting.
The next time you require any of these services, consider supporting your union brothers and sisters.